CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstracts submission deadline: 15 January 2024.
A non-refundable fee of Euro 25 (vat included) will be requested for each abstract submission.
When submitting an abstract, the following steps are required:
- Click on the link at the bottom of this page and follow the procedure to register your data. Once submitted your data you will be redirected to the registration and submission area.
- Click on the icon “Additional Services” and select “Yes” on the payment of the Abstract fee. In case feel free to add also other additional services, fill the invoicing details and proceed with the payment (by credit card only). Once the payment will be accepted you can close this page by clicking on “Home” button, return to the registration platform and select the icon “Submit an Abstract”.
- Select if your submission is for Oral or Poster presentation
- Fill the names and affiliations of all the abstract authors and select the name of the presenting author. Click on Continue
- Select the main topic, then the code-title of the session under which you would like to submit your abstract (list of session availabe HERE) and define the keywords. Click on Continue.
- Define your abstract with a title (max 200 characters) and a short description (max 2500 characters) and follow the procedure by filling all the information regarding your abstract
- Respect the session submission deadline. No submission will be accepted after the deadline.
Should you encounter any problems during submission, please report us by writing to email@example.com
The conveners and co-conveners of the session will evaluate the submission and build the session programme.
You will be informed of acceptance of your submission by email starting from 26 February 2024.
Registration of presenting author will be requested upon the confirmation of acceptance of your abstract. It is understood that each participant who will attend the conference in person will be requested to pay the registration fee.
GUIDELINES FOR EVALUATION AND SCHEDULING
Sessions with less than 5 abstracts after the abstract deadline will automatically be cancelled, and abstracts in withdrawn sessions will be reassigned to sessions having a similar or close topic.
Sessions that receive more than 5, but less than 15 abstracts, or are very similar in scope can be merged. In such a case, conveners need to update the title, abstract, and list of conveners (max 6) of the new, resulting session.
The Scientific and Organizing Committees will schedule all sessions and conveners will be informed by email about the time and room assigned to their session. Conveners are encouraged to organize their sessions considering and promoting under-represented demographics, in particular including: (i) multiple countries and institutes, (ii) different career stages, with particular attention to the participation of early career scientists, and (iii) different genders and all other forms of diversity.
- Oral blocks (1 hr each) will be assigned depending on the number of abstracts received in the session.
- Oral presentations will be 15 min each (max 30 min. in case of keynote speakers), including questions (12-min-presentations +3 min for questions is suggested).
- Conveners can schedule no more than one keynote speaker per time block.
- If for some reason none of the conveners aim to be present, a chairperson needs to be appointed to act as a convener.
- Conveners are encouraged to avoid presenting their own work as a speaker in a session they convene.